Different Styles, Different Materials, And Different Solutions
There are many different types of material and styles to choose from than ever before.
At McKay Sheet Metal & Roofing we understand your dilemma; we’ve been protecting homes and businesses since 1973. Style is an important factor, but it’s not the only one, you’ll want to consider the cost, color, texture, weight, and durability of your alternatives, as well as what traditionally has been used on houses like yours.
Factors to selecting a roof include the following:
- How long will it last?
- Does it hold up during major wind storms and snow and ice?
- Is it too heavy for the existing roof framing?
- Does the roof have enough slope?
- Will the look complement the style of the house?
- Are the materials eco-friendly and recyclable?
- Is the type of roofing allowed by local building codes?
- And finally, how much does it cost?
The condition and design of your roof will also figure into the equation. A house with multiple chimneys, vent pipes, dormers, intersecting rooflines or valleys, turrets, skylights, or other elements will cost significantly more to roof.
A flat roof or one with a low slope may demand a surface different from one with a steeper pitch.